17.8.02

Suffocation


It is easy to toot your own horn. I'm sure every froggie reading this believes they are good at what they do. In fact, this may as well be true. I hope all the frogs find something they enjoy and are good at to be involved in.

But, sometimes others can ruin the tooting. The worse is when they unintentionally rain on your parade. These are the frogs who make you feel crappy about yourself without intending or wanting to. You may even be friends with these frogs.

I'm not writing this to bitch or to bore you. There is a frog out there who I have in mind while typing these lines. This frog is the main reason I started this blog, (although later on I scratched it and started fresh). This frog is one of my closest friends in the puddle and I place great value on our friendship. That being said, there are times when this frog can be unbearable.

You may ask... why don't I leave the relationship? Well, that's a good question. No doubt those of you who recognize the situation in your far-away puddles have additional insight I don't wish to blog about. The answer is plain and simple, yet complicated. This is a frog I love, and generally enjoy being with. They, like any other frog, have faults to be dealt with. Can I learn to live with the feeling of irrelevance when this frog's attention is taken up by electronics? It hurts.

This summer, I reassessed my life. Yes, it was hard, but it was also easy. 5,000 miles away, I reached a sort of clarity. I suddenly realized what I liked in my life, and what I was determined to change. Perhaps, despite all the fun times had, this is something calling for change this upcoming year. But, as I said, it is not that simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home