22.5.02

Directly From the Source

As you have probably noticed, this blog borrowed its theme from a weekly column in Maariv, a daily Israeli publication. Meir Uziel prints reader's letters, mostly love stories translated into froggish. They are not always anonymous, and do not always have happy endings. Although I must confess to have never written in, I have identified a few of the stories as be those belonging to friends.

When I took it upon myself to keep a frog-blog, love stories were the last thing I intended to publish. Partially because love is quite lacking from my life right now, nor did I want to let readers do the writing for me. Instead, I decided to use the frog motif to tell about the puddle I live in (Berkeley, CA) and my experiences. The puddle theme is very fluid. (No pun intended.) There is no distinction between the different lily pads, or frogs in the pond. Everyone is a frog, and all frogs are equal. Those familiar with the circumstances may identify some of the frogs, other readers may recognize the general guise of events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home